MetalCare ETCH Primer
Plascon Metalcare Etch Primer is an excellent-quality etch primer for all mild steel, galvanised iron and aluminium surfaces.
- Pre-treatment primer for mild steel, galvanised iron and aluminium prior to applying the full paint system
- Used as a self-priming finish in a variety of applications
- Ideal for use on vehicle chassis and under body components, engine parts, metal fireplaces, burglar bars, security gates, wrought iron, etc
Features & Benefits
- Can be used as a weld-through primer at lower DFT ’s
- Fast drying
- Good adhesion and flexibility
- Resistant to oil spills and splashes
- Temperature resistant up to 200°C (non continuous)
- Can be over coated by general industrial topcoats and decorative enamels, but not nitrocellulose based coatings.
- Spreading rate: ± 8m2 / L
- Application: Airless Spray, Conventional Spray, Dipping, Roller and Brush (small areas only)
- Cleaning: Turpentine